Distance: 70,43 km Time: 4:21 Total distance: 3049 km
Today was a shorter route. I decided not to do the trip to Đă Lat, as I was told Hue would be better to visit. Todays route was not only shorter but also cloudy, windy and therefore colder. I even changed my T-shirt to a long shirt as it was too cold. I always thought it would start to rain, but it never did. For the rest I was just climbing to 900 meters to get down again to 700 meters. But it’s never a constant climb, always up and down and up and down.
When the road gets steeper and there is a fully loaded truck, then they sometimes roll slower than me 😀
I arrived early in Đăk Mil. I got a room, packed my luggage out and then was told that I had to leave as the hotel was already full… But they showed me another hotel at the end of the town, not in front of the lake, but the same price.
I walked up and down the main street, ate an ice cream and waved back to people who waved to me. I found a place where they had fried noodles. Eventually some people from another table joined me to improve a little bit their english. When they left, the girl from the restaurant joined me and invited me on a milk tea😀 We made some funny pictures together☺️
Tomorrow I will continue again on the highway. The highway splits into two roads. One of them passes the Cambodian border really close, that close that it is marked on the other side. I checked in the Internet and found out in forum posts from 2015 that foreigners are not allowed on that road and send back from military. So I will take the other road.
So here is again some little bit of my equipment. Today I will present the stuff around my head:
- Of course my helmet, I always wear it on my bicycle.
- This little funny thing on the upper left side of my face is a mirror attached to my helmet to look behind me. I am so used to it, that when I am walking in the street, where I don’t wear the helmet, I sometimes want to look behind me with the mirror, which isn’t there😂
- My glasses. Either the normal once or my sunglasses 😎
- On can not see them, but they are always there while riding, my earplugs. For those underneath you who want to shout up and say it’s too dangerous: Shut up, I hear everything around me, I even hear people saying “hi” to me😂 So everything is save.
- Today because it was so cold, I started to wear my Buff again around my throat.
One thought on “Day 64: close to raining”
Whoop, whoop, 3000 km 😉